Open top menu
Thursday, October 30, 2014

Dear White People,

Far be it from me to attempt to logically discern the incomprehensible nature of you people, yes I said you people, to diminish the tragedies of People of Color (POC). I will, however, give you some eye opening comparisons as we approach the much anticipated All Hallows' Eve.
Please, by all means, feel free to dress as your favorite POC sans black face and racist and/or derogatory intent. Please dispel the notion that it is okay to turn others' pain into your twisted pleasure. Let's just nip that shit in the bud right here and now. You do realize that Schadenfreude: taking pleasure in others' misery is a German word for a reason, right? I, as a WOC, have never even thought of the many ways I can belittle the pains of white people for my own amusement. Perhaps I should.
What if, pray tell, I dressed in white face and drug around a stuffed animal since white people are so prone to zoophilia (sex with animals)? Black face is hilarious, right? What if I dressed as Oksana Grigorieva with her broken teeth after Mel Gibson whooped her ass? Domestic Violence is hilarious, right? What if I walked around with a Sandy from "Grease" costume with a hook on my hand? Just add a weapon and I could be Sandy Hook. Or I could just go for the gusto and go as a bludgeoned child victim. Terrorism is hilarious, right? The death of children is GUT WRENCHINGLY FUNNY, right? Better yet, what if I reinacted concentration camps in my front yard and dug a ditch and tossed malnourished Jew corpses inside of it? Lynching is hilarious, right? You laughing yet?
I could easily dress as one of many tragic moments in your history because, believe you me, there are a plethora to choose from. What if all of Black America decided in 2015 to go as the corpses of every last one of your mass killing spree victims? We'd have to recruit our brethren from the Motherland to make it happen.
None of it is funny. It's disrespectful, derogatory, distasteful, and demeaning. If the tables were turned you'd probably declare a National Emergency. Keep this nonsense up and next year I'm dressing up as a book with tear stained pages. I'm going as "The Diary of Anne Frank".

Natasha Marie


Natasha Marie
Written by Natasha Marie

Don't misplace your hate, help your fave. Tweet shade-free opinions to @iamnatashamarie.

0 comments